Sarah Hartney, M.S. CCC-SLP
Certified to Provide: More Than Words® – The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children on the Autism Spectrum or Who Have Social Communication Difficulties
What is it?
The More Than Words® – The Hanen Program® is for parents of children with autism or those that have social communication difficulties, primarily ages 18 months to five years. In this program, you will gain invaluable skills and strategies to support your child’s interaction, communication, and play skills. Parents are the most important people in their child’s life. YOU are your child’s best teacher! Click here to see the brochure for more information.
This is an evidenced-based program, please click here to view the research.
Our More Than Words parent program is currently offered via telepractice using Zoom Pro over the course of 3-4 months. Each program is limited to 5 – 8 families at a time. The program includes:
- A free 90 minute orientation session to learn more about the program
- A copy of the More Than Words® guidebook by Fern Sussman
- A individual, pre-program consultation for you and your child with a Hanen Certified Speech-Language Pathologist (completed before the program begins)
- A series of eight (8), informative and personal training sessions in small, personalized groups via zoom (these last approximately 2.5 hours) *it is essential to have childcare during these sessions and we need your full attention
- Three individual visits (lasting 60 to 90 minutes each) for you and your child with your Hanen Certified Speech-Language Pathologist. During these visits, you will discuss communication goals and specific strategies for your child, practice strategies while interacting with your child while being video recorded. Then, we will watch the videotaped interaction to “see” what’s helping and what you can modify to help even more.
- For more information on what to expect click here
What You Will Learn
- How your child communicates right now and the next steps to take
- How your child learns best and how to use this to your advantage
- What motivates your child to communicate
- How to use everyday activities as opportunities for learning to communicate
- How to help your child understand what you say
- How to develop your child’s play skills
- How to help your child make friends
How Much Does the Program Cost?
The total cost of participation in the program is $1,180 + tax per family. Payment is due after the orientation session to secure your spot.
Ready to get started?
Contact us at (808) 384.8328
Providing in-person services in Honolulu, HI and surrounding areas and teletherapy services for neighboring islands